Saturday 3 August 2019

A Few Words on Let's Eat 3


I won't start with any dramatics - simply, I hated Let's Eat 3, which hurts me to say as an avid fan of the first two seasons. It never felt like a Let's Eat series. The focus on food dropped massively, for starters. The idea to have this as our hero's origin story seemed inspired, at first. Then I actually watched it and found that splitting each episode in half, between the past and present, ruined the pacing and bored me to tears. This was probably the least interesting cast ensemble, too, compared to the varied and colourful characters of the past two seasons. I like Baek Jin-hee, but she brought nothing to an already bland heroine, and I just hated the other characters. Finally, my biggest complaint about this series was how it treated this series' iconic hero. Wrapping up his character arc was perfectly fine, but I noticed that the Gu Dae-young in flashbacks didn't act like the zany and weird boy from season one. He acted like the more mature and tempered Gu Dae-young of the latter seasons. Basically, Let's Eat ruined its continuity with this season, and it killed my perception of the timeline. If I were any of you, I would give this season a miss, and that's even without talking about the episode cuts that brought the drama to a hasty conclusion after Yoon Doo-joon was unexpectedly drafted.


No comments:

Post a Comment